The 9/11 Truth Action Project (911 TAP), founded in 2016 from the melding of several organizations that had focused on seeking justice and accountability for the crimes of 9/11, has continued to grow under a reinvigorated Board of Directors. The organization pursued activities supporting its strategic plan to create a global grass-roots movement.
By the end of 2017, the 911TAP.org web-site has posted over 110 original articles that ranged from technical articles which provide answers to frequently asked questions, to activism issues, to articles which discuss progress of our organizing efforts and our petition project. We enhanced our Events Calendar on our website to inform people of the activities that are happening across the country and around the world. Submissions of upcoming events for posting to the calendar are welcome.
- Sponsored a presence at both the Inauguration of President Trump and the Women's March on the following day – in which Michael Moore expressed support of the goals of the 9/11 Truth Action Project; 557-news-releases/664-9-11-truth-presence-at-the-presidential-inauguration and 557-news-releases/676-9-11-tap-educates-inaugural-washington
- Organized a presence at two major public demonstrations for science: the March For Science and the Climate March; 557-news-releases/687-march-for-science-march-for-the-climate
- Promoted numerous activities around the country remembering the 16th anniversary event including participating in the largest event in New York City's Foley Square; 557-news-releases/699-events-commemorate-the-sixteenth-anniversary-of-9-11
- Was the fiscal sponsorship for the screening of A Good American, with panel of NSA whistleblowers at the Peter Norton Symphony Space in New York; 557-news-releases/709-a-good-american
- Educated the public about the 9/11 based origins of section 702 of the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA) that provides the legal “fig-leaf” for warrant-less wiretapping programs conducted by the NSA; 557-news-releases/710-from-9-11-to-the-permanent-surveillance-state
911 TAP provided reviews of important 9/11 documentaries and presentations:
- Reviewed the film, The Demolition of Truth – Psychologists Examine 9/11 in which psychologists share their powerful and compelling message about 9/11; 557-news-releases/675-producing-the-most-watchable-9-11-film
- Raised awareness about an excellent short film by firefighters, Calling OUT Bravo7 : Firefighters' Perspectives of High-Rise Fires and 9/11; 557-news-releases/698-calling-out-bravo-7-firefighters-perspectives-of-high-rise-fires-and-9-11
- Summarized the presentation by Professor Leroy Hulsey, Ph.D.,P. E., S.E., undertaken by the University of Alaska Fairbanks' (UAF's) Institute of Northern Engineering and the College of Mines analyzing the collapse of World Trade Center Building 7 (WTC 7); 557-news-releases/700-professor-hulsey-s-interim-report-undercuts-nist-wtc-7-study
- Highlighted an exciting new young adult novel by Geoffrey Girard entitled, Truthers; 557-news-releases/712-new-book-overview-truthers
Promoted activism around the country by developing high quality outreach materials:
- Developed an inspirational video showing 9/11 Truth Action Project activities; 557-news-releases/690-new-9-11-tap-promotional-video
- Introduced the Lawyers’ Committee for 9/11 Inquiry, a recently formed public interest law firm supporting a program of investigation, litigation and advocacy focused on an independent investigation of 9/11; 557-news-releases/705-meet-the-lawyers-committee-for-911-inquiry
- Developed a guide for activists to allow them to convey 9/11 evidence to members of the public in 5 minutes; 557-news-releases/671-teaching-9-11-evidence-in-five-minutes
- Acquired 2768 signatures for the 9/11 TAP petition through both online and on-the-ground activism; 557-news-releases/706-911tap-petition-project-quarterly-progress-report-2017-q3
Additionally, parallels were drawn between 9/11 and other current events in newsletter articles:
- As with 9/11, government influence over the media led to an very incomplete understanding of the atomic bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki; 557-news-releases/694-9-11-and-the-atomic-bombings-of-hiroshima-and-nagasaki
- The background of the current nuclear standoff with North Korea has its roots in the Bush Administration's post 9/11 "Axis of Evil" designation that was used as a pretext to breaking prior agreements with that country. This fact is never mentioned in media discussions about the North Korean "standoff"; 557-news-releases/697-the-nuclear-standoff-with-north-korea
- Reduced military expenditures, the so-called "peace dividend", was reversed by 9/11 which saw an expansion of US foreign military bases across the globe; 557-news-releases/711-9-11-and-the-expansion-of-us-foreign-military-bases
- Catalogued examples of how the media is used to promote the agenda of the power structure when it is in conflict with facts; 557-news-releases/683-media-war-toolkit-the-seven-deadliest-weapons-against-establishment-propaganda
- Clarify and expand the TAP message to stress alliance-building
- Develop a comprehensive communications plan
- Provide a facelift for the 911 TAP website , newsletter, social media and outreach materials
- Increase the pool of trained volunteer and guest writers
- Increase the TAP audience
- Build and train more grassroots organizations including leadership training
- Continue to work for a Truth-friendly Congress and affect the outcome in favor of a truthful agenda in key races by encouraging people to raise issues in the public arena.
Various opportunities to effect change and interject 9/11 issues public discourse will become apparent as the year progresses. We expect the following issues will provide some openings:
- In January, Congress voted to reauthorize Section 702 of the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act in contradiction to the will of the public. Based on whistle blower testimonies, as depicted the documentary A Good American, the NSA role in the 9/11 attacks provides an opportunity to focus the public's demand for accountability on the unanswered questions of 9/11.
- The Department of Justice will continued to pursue the indictment of Khalid Sheikh Mohamed and three others in Guantanamo Bay as perpetrators of the 9/11 attacks. Obtaining indictment of these figures will be used to claim the government has solved the crime (e.g., therefore, the books can be closed. ”everybody, just move on.”) However, as this travesty of justice proceeds, this will provide an opportunity to raise awareness of the contradictions and fallacies in the government case.
- The 9/11 families, pursuing a court case against Saudi Arabia, enabled under the provisions of JASTA, will provide an opportunity for raising awareness of the inconsistencies in the government arguments.
- The Lawyers' Committee For 9/11 Inquiry is forging ahead with research and strategizing for legal actions which will require broad-based, organized support. The 9/11 Truth Action Project will be there to support them.
We invite your continued participation and support to carry out the 911TAP mission and have an impact on the political realities of our world. Your financial support helps us pursue the 911 TAP mission:
The mission of the 9/11 Truth Action Project is to build and mobilize a global grassroots movement that will expose the truth of 9/11 and create a groundswell of civic support that achieves transparency and accountability for the crimes of 9/11, justice for its victims, an end to unwarranted U. S. military actions, and the restoration of our civil liberties.
Please consider becoming a member that provides financial support for our collective efforts, as well as helping to spread the word about the true story of 9/11.