What personal information do we collect from the people that visit Our Website?
When ordering or registering on our site, or subscribing to our newsletter, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your Name, Email address, City, State, Country or other details to help you with your experience non Our Website. This information is encrypted so that it would be very difficult for a hacker to illegally access it.
When do we collect information?
We collect information from you when you register on our site, subscribe to a newsletter, order printed materials we make available for purchase or enter information for any other reason on Our Website.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register on Our Website, make a purchase, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf Our Website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
To personalize your user experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
If you have responded to the question "Would you like to be contacted?" request, by checking the " Yes, please contact me," box, we may contact you at the phone number you provided for purposes of advancing the educational mission of Truth Outreach, Inc.
How do we protect visitor information?
Since we do not now store credit card cardholder information on this website, we are not required nor do we use vulnerability scanning and/or scanning to PCI standards. Should we elect to process credit card information on this web site in the future on Our Website we will subscribe to an accredited PCI SSC Approved Scanning Vendor (ASV) and submit to quarterly scans by the same and we will notify all users of this website that we have so elected to process credit card information on this website.
Your personal information stored on Our Website is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to Our Website for the purposes of administration, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and is not currently stored on this website but rather is stored by accredited payment gateways such as PayPal. We maintain a security certificate on Our Website to ensure that any personal information you enter that is sent subsequently sent to PayPal via Our Website cannot be incidentally acquired by some unknown third party.
We implement a variety of security measures to ensure that your information isn't available to others when you enter, submit, or access your information
All transactions are processed through a payment gateway such as PayPal, and are not stored or processed on our servers.
Do we use 'cookies'?
- Help remember and process the items in the shopping cart.
- Understand and save user's preferences for future visits.
- To allow you to view Our Website without repeatedly being asked to register for an account or subscribe to our newsletter.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser (like Internet Explorer) settings. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser's Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies settings.
If you disable cookies in your browser, some features on Our Website will be disabled. It won't significantly affect your user experience, but where cookies make your experience on Out Website more efficient those efficiencies will no longer be available to you and some of the conveniences we have provided, like not displaying the user registration form or the newsletter subscription form prior to 7 days after you were presented with the registration and subscription forms and not currently registered on Our Website or subscribed our newsletter will no longer work. It may also be the case, though we try to make sure this doesn't happen, that some of the services on Our Website will not function properly.
If you do elect to disable cookies in your browser, you will still be able place orders, register an account on our website and subscribe to our newsletter as well as post content on our website to your Facebook account and other Social Media accounts.
Third Party Disclosure
No, we do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information..Payment processors that we use to process your credit card information are required by law to keep you credit card information strictly confidential, however since they are a separate entity from this website we can make no assurances with regard to their practices. We may release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce Our Website policies, or protect ours or others' rights, property, or ensure ours' or others' safety.
Since we provide the means for users to post information from Our Website to their social media pages (SM Pages) on Facebook, Google+, Twitter, Instagram, GitHub and Amazon, we have elected to include herein the privacy policies of each of the aforementioned social media venues we interact with on Our Website. We only post content from Our Website to your SMPages at your election, we don't automatically post anything to your SMPages and only post content to your SMPages after you have affirmed that you desire to have content from our website posted to your SMPages under your name. When you post content to your SMPages from Our Website the posted content will include a title, description, image we have selected, date, and the related location that we have chosen in advance, for the content you so post.
Third party links
We do not include or offer third party products or services on our website.
- Google collects information to provide better services to all of their users – from figuring out basic stuff like which language you speak, to more complex things like which ads you'll find most useful or the people who matter most to you online. See: Google Privacy & Terms
Google AdSense AdWords
We have not enabled Google AdSense on Our Website, but we may elect to do so in the future.
- Google's advertising requirements can be summed up by Google's Advertising Principles. They are put in place to provide a positive experience for users. See: Adsense - AdWords policies
- Facebook is designed to make it easy for you to share your information with anyone you want. You decide how much information you feel comfortable sharing on Facebook and you control how it is distributed through your privacy settings. You should review the default privacy settings and change them if necessary to reflect your preferences. You should also consider your settings whenever you share information.
- Facebook is not just a website. It is also a service for sharing your information on Facebook-enhanced applications and websites. You can control how you share information with those third-party applications and websites through your application settings and you can learn more about how information is shared with them on their About Platform page. You can also limit how your friends share your information with applications through your privacy settings.
- Facebook is a free service supported primarily by advertising. They state that they will not share your information with advertisers without your consent. They allow advertisers to select characteristics of users they want to show their advertisements to and they use the information users share with them to serve those advertisements.
- In September 2012, Instagram announced that they had been acquired by Facebook. They knew that by teaming up with Facebook, they could build a better Instagram for you. Since then, they've been collaborating with Facebook's team on ways to do just that. As part of their new collaboration, they've learned that by being able to share insights and information with each other, they can build better experiences for their users.
- Information You Give Them: They receive and store any information you enter on their Web site or give them in any other way. Click here to see examples of what they collect. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of their features. They use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, customizing future shopping for you, improving their stores, and communicating with you.
- Automatic Information: They receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with them. For example, like many Web sites, they use "cookies," and they obtain certain types of information when your Web browser accesses Amazon.com or advertisements and other content served by or on behalf of Amazon.com on other Web sites. Click here to see examples of the information they receive.
- Mobile: When you download or use apps created by Amazon or their subsidiaries, they may receive information about your location and your mobile device, including a unique identifier for your device. They may use this information to provide you with location-based services, such as advertising, search results, and other personalized content. Most mobile devices allow you to turn off location services. For more information about how to do this, click here.
- E-mail Communications: To help them make e-mails more useful and interesting, they often receive a confirmation when you open e-mail from Amazon.com if your computer supports such capabilities. They also compare their customer list to lists received from other companies, in an effort to avoid sending unnecessary messages to their customers. If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from them, please adjust your Customer Communication Preferences.
- Information from Other Sources: They might receive information about you from other sources and add it to their account information. Click here to see examples of the information they receive
California Online Privacy Protection Act
According to CalOPPA we agree to the following:
Users can visit Our Website anonymously
Users are able to change their personal information:
By logging in to their account on Our Website
How does our site handle "do not track signals?"
We honor do not track signals and do not track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place.
Does our site allow third party behavioral tracking?
It's also important to note that we do not allow third party behavioral tracking
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under 13, the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission, the National Consumer Protection Agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children's privacy and safety online.
We do not specifically market to children under 13.
Fair Information Practices
The Fair Information Practices Principles form the backbone of privacy law in the United States and the concepts they include have played a significant role in the development of data protection laws around the globe. Understanding the Fair Information Practice Principles and how they should be implemented is critical to complying with the various privacy laws that protect personal information.
In order to be in line with Fair Information Practices we will take the following responsive action, should a data breach occur:
We will notify the users via email within 1 business day
We will notify the users via in site notification within 1 business day
We also agree to the individual redress principle, which requires that individuals have a right to pursue legally enforceable rights against data collectors and processors who fail to adhere to the law. This principle requires not only that individuals have enforceable rights against data users, but also that individuals have recourse to courts or a government agency to investigate and/or prosecute non-compliance by data processors.
Truth Outreach, Inc.
6 White Water Turn
email: info [AT] 911tap [DOT] org
Last Edited on Friday, March 8, 2019