Welcome to our new interactive column, brought to you by the TAP "Resilience and Wellness Project", a team of experienced mental health professionals and TAP volunteers.We begin with a nod of appreciation to the famed Dr. Ruth Westheimer, whose media work as “Dr. Ruth” invited psychological issues into everyday American conversation. Building on her work, our TAP Resiliency and Wellness team will be sharing each month our thoughts on mental health challenges and opportunities related to opening to 9/11’s true nature.
Doctor T also invites you to share with us the challenges you face as a 9/11 Truth activist:
- What questions do you find difficult to answer when discussing the events of 9/11/01 with neighbors, friends and strangers?
- How has awakening to the painful and frightening realities of 9/11 affected you?
- How has it affected relationships with family members and others?
- What is it like for you to be living in a world where so many people think you are the crazy one for challenging the official 9/11narrative?
We’d like this to be an interactive process, so our Good Doctor requests your letters of praise and criticism in response to our column.
To kick off our column, one of our gang – Licensed Mental Health Counselor Chris Gruener -- would like to share with you some of the awkward process and emotional complexities of his own awakening to 9/11 Truth. Here is his story...
How I Became a “Conspiracy Nutcase”
On 9/11/01 quite a few people knew – as they watched the events of that tragic day unfold – that they were viewing false flag attacks whose purpose was to draw us into yet another war based on dishonest pretexts.
I was not one of those people!
How was I to know that the September Eleventh “attacks” – like the bombs that were soon to rain down upon Baghdad – were a strategy of “Shock and Awe," that was being orchestrated against America by some of our own fellow citizens? On that horrible day anyone who dared suggest that the assault upon the Twin Towers was a self-inflicted wound was understandably looked upon with incredible disbelief and immediately branded a “Conspiracy Nutcase.”
Only much later did I learn that rogue elements of our own government and their forebears, including their allies hidden deep within the shadowy bowels of the Military / Industrial / Intelligence Services Complex, had been working since their murder of President Kennedy to promote the “Conspiracy Theory” meme – the idea that anyone who questions the formal narrative of a nationally traumatic event must be a paranoid whacko kook.
Fortunately, not long after that tragic day, a psychotherapy client of mine came into my office weeping. “What’s wrong?” I asked her. “I just found out that our own government was behind the September 11th attacks!” she sobbed uncontrollably.
In my arrogance and naiveté I assumed my client was suffering from paranoid delusions. I did my best to comfort her without considering the possible legitimacy of her fears.
But now the whole “9/11 Conspiracy” thing was on my mind, thanks to the troubling encounter with my client.Keeping one eye open for how she might have gotten such crazy ideas, I finally had the good fortune to come across David Ray Griffin’s masterfully written investigation into the nature of the 9/11 attacks – The New Pearl Harbor. Reading Griffin’s words - and considering his meticulously researched evidence - began to shake the foundations of my reality constructs!
It took almost 3 more years of reading and researching before my ever-increasing concerns coalesced into a terrifying set of conclusions – the realization of betrayal by those entrusted with our protection. But by then I had broken free of the spell of “Shock and Awe”. “Conspiracy Nutcase” was what some people thought when I offered them 9/11 Truth literature, but I was ready to live proudly among those who would question my sanity because I dared to speak the Truth!
Here are a few of the questions that eventually caused me to reject the official 9/11/01 narrative:
- Why did WTC Towers 1 and 2 look more like they were blowing up rather than falling down?
- How could both of the towers have collapsed at nearly free-fall acceleration?
- Why did WTC 7 fall straight down to the ground much later in the day, at nearly free-fall acceleration, when it was not even hit with a plane (including, in the initial phase of the collapse, a 2.25-second, 105-foot period of actual total free fall)?
- What happened to our air defenses once we knew we were under attack?
- What created pools and rivers of molten metal beneath the tower debris piles – the “hot spots” -- which persisted for weeks after the attacks?
- How would Hani Hanjour – a guy who barely passed Cessna flight training school – have been able to pull off an incredibly complex corkscrew descent maneuver in order to hit the Pentagon at ground level, and why would he bother doing such a risky maneuver once he had the Pentagon in his sights?
- Was it a coincidence that Hanjour’s amazing feat of aero-acrobatics hit the Naval Intelligence section of the Pentagon, killing 19 of the 21 auditors investigating details of the missing $2.3 trillion which Donald Rumsfeld had announced to the American public just the day before?
- Why did President Bush tell us we were unprepared for this attack and totally taken by surprise by it when the Pentagon had already practiced responding to just such a scenario and a TV pilot “The Lone Gunman” had featured precisely this kind of an attack on the World Trade Centers? This put the lie to National Security Advisor Condoleezza Rice’s excuse that “no one could have imagined them taking a plane, slamming it...into the World Trade Center, using planes as a missile.”
- In the immediate aftermath of 9/11, why were all the rules requiring careful research into the cause of building collapses ignored and regulations governing thorough investigation into a crime scene waived, allowing all the valuable debris evidence from the WTC attacks to be shipped hastily off to China for recycling? This struck me as particularly strange once I learned that no non-WTC steel frame building has ever collapsed due to fire – before or since 9/11/01!
- And why on Earth was President Bush allowed to continue reading “My Pet Goat” to a group of school children after the second tower was hit, when – if it had been a real attack by our enemies – he and those school children would likely have been on the hit list?!
With questions like these mounting daily, by 2004 I found myself among those who no longer believed the official 9/11 narrative and now demanded real answers to hard questions. After apologizing to my client – who graciously forgave my delusional response to her recognition of reality – I slowly found and joined forces with others who had broken free of 9/11’s magic spell of shock and awe. Together we created an activist group - Boston 9/11 Truth – to challenge the lies of 9/11.
Wondering why others were not similarly confronting the 9/11 Fairy Tale – especially newscasters and talk show hosts - I eventually wrote a letter to Tom Ashbrook – host of NPR’s “On Point” radio show. You can learn more about my evolution from 9/11 “True US Government Story Believer” to 9/11 Truth “Conspiracy Nutcase” by reading the letter I sent to Mr. Ashbrook at the “Shock and Awe” page of my personal (not 9/11 TAP-affiliated) website Imagine Peace and Plenty.
Patience, Persistence and Solidarity,
Chris Gruener MA, LMHC