FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
April 10, 2018
Lawyers' Committee for 9/11 Inquiry
Our mission is to promote transparency and accountability regarding 9/11.
LAWYERS FILE DOJ PETITION DEMANDING 9/11 GRAND JURY INVESTIGATION
CONTACT: MICK HARRISON, ESQ., EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR (812) 361-6220
CONTACT: JULIO GOMEZ, ESQ. - BOARD MEMBER/TREASURER (908) 468-1068
CONTACT: DAVID MEISWINKLE, ESQ. - BOARD MEMBER/SECRETARY (908) 420-2943
On April 10, 2018, a nonprofit public interest organization, the Lawyers’ Committee for 9/11 Inquiry, will file a petition with the U. S. Attorney in the Southern District of New York demanding that he present to a grand jury extensive evidence of so-far-unprosecuted federal crimes relating to the destruction of three World Trade Center Towers on 9/11/01—evidence that the group claims is conclusive. The petition explains that the U. S. Attorney is legally required to present the evidence to a grand jury.
The 52-page petition, accompanied by 57 exhibits, presents evidence that explosives were used
to destroy the three WTC buildings, including:
- Independent scientific laboratory analysis of WTC dust samples showing the presence of high-tech explosives and/or incendiaries in the form of thermite or thermate.
- Expert analysis of seismic evidence that explosions occurred at the WTC towers on 9/11prior to the airplane impacts on the WTC Towers, and prior to the building collapses.
- Technical analysis of video evidence of the WTC building collapses.
- Firefighter reports of explosions, and of seeing “molten iron like in a foundry”. Thepetition states that the presence of molten iron would require temperatures higher than jet fuel and building contents could create when burned, but consistent with use of the high tech explosive and incendiary thermite or thermate.
- The presence of previously molten iron microspheres, which have been established by electron microscope analysis of WTC dust samples, by both government and independent scientists, is another phenomenon that would be scientifically impossible based on the burning of jet fuel and office contents alone.
- Video and eyewitness testimony of the ejection during the collapse of WTC 1 and 2 of heavy steel elements laterally from the buildings which would not be possible from a gravity collapse.
- Scientific analysis, eyewitness testimony, and government reports confirming sulfidation and high temperature corrosion of the steel found in the rubble after the collapse of the WTC towers and WTC 7, a phenomenon not expected in a jet fuel fire and gravity collapse but consistent with the use of thermate.
Although 9/11 activists have maintained for years that evidence of controlled demolition techniques having been used at the World Trade Center emerged after the release of the official 9/11 Commission Report, subsequent administrations have declined to investigate that evidence.
The petition cites longstanding federal court precedent that recognizes that a grand jury “may act independently of any branch of government.” The Petition adds that Federal law, 18 U.S.C. § 3332(a), requires the United States Attorney who receives information concerning an alleged federal crime from any person, if requested by that person, to provide that information to a special grand jury. The petition emphasizes that this federal law “creates a duty on the part of the United States Attorney,” and “remove[s] the prosecutor’s discretion in deciding whether to present information to the grand jury.”
The petition recites the law that makes it a federal offense to bomb places of public use and government facilities. It concludes that explosive and incendiary devices that had been preplaced at the WTC were detonated causing the complete collapse of the World Trade Center Twin Towers on 9/11, and the resulting tragic loss of life, and that “the evidence permits no other conclusion -- as a matter of science, as a matter of logic, and as a matter of law.”
Pointing out that these “crimes... were not committed by a single person acting alone” but rather by several persons acting in concert”, the petition urges that “the attention of the jurors should not be limited simply to the bombing crime ...but should include a full inquiry into the crimes of aiding and abetting and conspiracy, and into those who may be guilty of these additional crimes, whether or not such parties are principals (direct perpetrators).”
Attorney Mick Harrison, the Executive Director of the nonprofit group, stated: “The failure of our government to diligently investigate this disturbing evidence that has emerged over the past sixteen years regarding what occurred at the World Trade Center on 9/11 has contributed to the erosion of trust in our institutions. We have done our duty, as attorneys and as “public citizens,” by presenting this information to the United States Attorney. We intend to step back now for a reasonable time and be respectful of the confidential nature of Grand Jury proceedings, although we have offered to assist in the presentation of this evidence to a special grand jury. We will report back to the public in due course, as information becomes available, and in the meantime pursue by other appropriate means our mission of promoting transparency and accountability regarding 9/11 and addressing the many questions left unanswered by the 9/11 Commission report.”
The Lawyers’ Committee for 9/11 Inquiry is a nonprofit, 501( c )(3) organization devoted to conducting investigations and public education in the public interest regarding matters related to the tragic events of September 11, 2001 (hereinafter referred to as “9/11”) and the circumstances leading up to and following those events, with a focus on government accountability regarding investigation and prosecution of those responsible for the crimes related to 9/11 (whether those responsible are foreign or domestic individuals, corporations, or government entities). Its website is www.lcfor911.org.
Read the General Press Release that went out to 79 million people: