On March 25th, The Lawyers’ Committee for 9/11 Inquiry, Architects & Engineers for 9/11 Truth, and 9/11 victim family members Robert McIlvaine and Barbara Krukowski-Rastelli filed a joint federal lawsuit in the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia against the U.S. Department of Justice and the FBI for their failure to perform a congressionally mandated assessment of any evidence known to the FBI that was not considered by the 9/11 Commission related to any factors that contributed in any manner to the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001.
A news conference about these filings was held on the afternoon of March 25, 2019 in Washington, DC near the federal courthouse. The conference location was at 555 Pennsylvania Ave., NW, outside the Newseum, helping underscore the news value of the topic. The press conference announcing the filing of the lawsuit starts at 52:12 in the following video.
The action for declaratory and injunctive relief is being filed under the Administrative Procedure Act (APA), 5 U.S.C. 702, 706, and the federal mandamus statute, 28 U.S.C. 1361, because of federal agency failures to comply with the mandate from Congress.
The complaint cites the failure of the FBI and its 2014-2015 9/11 Review Commission to assess key 9/11-related evidence that the FBI can be shown to have had, or been aware of, regarding:
- the use of pre-placed explosives to destroy World Trade Center buildings, 1, 2 and 7;
- Arrest and investigation of the “High Fivers” observed photographing and celebrating the attacks on the World Trade Center on 9/11;
- Terrorist financing regarding the reported Saudi support for the 9/11 hijackers;
- Recovered plane parts, including serial numbers from all three crash locations;
- Video from cameras mounted inside and outside the Pentagon; and
- Cell phone communications from passengers aboard airplanes.
This is evidence relevant to the 9/11 Review Commission’s and the FBI’s compliance with the mandate from Congress, which should have been assessed by the FBI and the 2014-2015 9/11 Review Commission and reported to Congress. The complaint also cites the destruction by the FBI of evidence related to the “High Fivers.”
Regarding the press conference:
What: News Conference on historic suit against FBI and DoJ regarding 9/11 evidence.
- Mick Harrison, Litigation Director, Lawyers Committee for 911 Truth (LCfor911.org)
- David Meiswinkle, President, Lawyers Committee for 9/11 Inquiry (LCfor911.org)
- Richard Gage, President, Architects & Engineers for 9/11 Truth (AE911Truth.org)
- Robert McIlvaine (shown right), 9/11 victim family member, father of Bobby McIlvaine
Where: Pennsylvania Avenue at Sixth Street, NW in front of the Newseum, Washington, DC.
Help support the efforts of this lawsuit! Please send a contribution to:
- The Lawyers’ Committee for 9/11 Inquiry: www.LCfor911.org and / or
- Architects & Engineers for 9/11 Truth: www.ae911truth.org
The Lawyers’ Committee is a nonprofit, 501(c)(3) organization.
- Support the Lawyers' Committee.
- Support Architects & Engineers for 9/11 Truth.
- Support the 9/11 Truth Action Project.