United states attorney agrees to comply with federal law requiring submission to special grand jury of report by lawyers’ committee and 9/11 victim family members of yet-to-be- prosecuted 9/11 related federal crimes
On November 26th, The Lawyers’ Committee for 9/11 Inquiry, a nonprofit public interest organization, announced its receipt of a letter from the U.S. Attorney for the Southern District of New York in response to the Lawyers’ Committee’s April 10, 2018 Petition and July 30, 2018 Amended Petition demanding that the U.S. Attorney present to a Special Grand Jury extensive evidence of yet-to-be-prosecuted federal crimes relating to the destruction of three World Trade Center Towers on 9/11 (WTC1, WTC2 and WTC7). The U.S. Attorney, in his November 7, 2018 letter to the Lawyers’ Committee, stated: “We have received and reviewed The Lawyers’ Committee for 9/11 Inquiry, Inc.’s submissions of April 10 and July 30, 2018. We will comply with the provisions of 18 U.S.C. § 3332 as they relate to your submissions.” A copy of the U.S. Attorney’s letter can be seen here and is also available on the Lawyers Committee.
The U.S. Attorney’s letter does not spell out the steps that will be taken to comply, but 18 U.S.C. § 3332 is clear as to what these steps must be. This law states: “[a]ny such [United States] attorney receiving information concerning such an alleged offense from any other person shall, if requested by such other person, inform the [Special] grand jury of such alleged offense, the identity of such other person, and such attorney’s action or recommendation.” This law also states that “(a) It shall be the duty of each such [special] grand jury impaneled within any judicial district to inquire into offenses against the criminal laws of the United States alleged to have been committed within that district.”
This letter from the U.S. Attorney was signed by Michael Ferrara and Ilan Graff, Chiefs, Terrorism and International Narcotics Unit. On November 24, 2018, the Lawyers’ Committee replied, thanking the U.S. Attorney and expressing support for a thorough inquiry into the crimes reported in the Lawyers’ Committee’s petitions.
On April 10th, The Lawyers’ Committee presented a 52-page original Petition was accompanied by 57 exhibits and presented extensive evidence that explosives were used to destroy three WTC buildings. That evidence included independent scientific laboratory analysis of WTC dust samples showing the presence of high-tech explosives and/or incendiaries; numerous first-hand reports by First Responders of explosions at the WTC on 9/11; expert analysis of seismic evidence that explosions occurred at the WTC towers on 9/11 prior to the airplane impacts and prior to the building collapses; and expert analysis by architects, engineers, and scientists concluding that the rapid onset symmetrical near-free-fall acceleration collapse of three WTC high rise buildings on 9/11 exhibited the key characteristics of controlled demolition.
The Lawyers’ Committee’s July 30th Amended Petition addresses several additional federal crimes beyond the federal bombing crime addressed in the original Petition. The Lawyers’ Committee concluded in the petitions that explosive and incendiary devices preplaced at the WTC were detonated causing the complete collapse of the WTC Twin Towers on 9/11 and increasing the tragic loss of life.
Comments by several of the Committee members noted the importance of crossing this legal threshold and emphasized the need for further public involvement in support of greater transparency and accountability.
- Attorney Mick Harrison, Litigation Director, stated: “The failure of our government to diligently investigate this disturbing evidence has contributed to the erosion of trust in our institutions. The Lawyers’ Committee felt it was out duty as public citizens to submit this evidence to the U.S. Attorney for submission to the Special Grand Jury.”
- Attorney David Meiswinkle, President of the Lawyers’ Committee’s Board of Directors, stated: “We have offered to assist the U.S. Attorney in the presentation of this evidence to a Special Grand Jury. We have also requested that Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth provide us expert support in the hope that our organizations will be invited to make a joint presentation of relevant evidence to the Special Grand Jury.”
- Attorney William Jacoby, Lawyers’ Committee Board Member, stated: “We call upon the public and legal community to contact us and support our efforts to contribute to this grand jury process and to monitor and ensure compliance by the Justice Department.”
- Executive Director Ed Asner stated: “The U.S. Attorney’s decision to comply with the Special Grand Jury Statute regarding our petitions is an important step towards greater transparency and accountability regarding the tragic events of 9/11.”
Standing on the Shoulders of Others
The accomplishment of the Lawyers Committee for 9/11 Inquiry, in reaching this legal threshold, is commendable and its importance cannot be underestimated. This breakthrough is the latest in long string of enabling steps that have facilitated this moment, many of which have been documented on the 911 Truth Action website (subscribe to the 911 TAP newsletter)
- November 7, 2018: The Lawyers’ Committee for 9/11 Inquiry announces its receipt of a letter from the U.S. Attorney for the Southern District of New York in response to the Lawyers’ Committee’s April 10, 2018 Petition and July 30, 2018 Amended Petition
- September 26, 2018: The United States Senate called for declassification of all "documents related to the events of September 11, 2001" and "that the survivors, the families of the victims, and the people of the United States deserve answers about the events and circumstances surrounding the September 11, 2001, terrorist attacks upon the United States." While non-binding, this sense-of-the-Senate resolution (S. Res, 610) places the United States Senate firmly in the position of supporting the call that many in the 9/11 Truth Movement have sought for years. This resolution was specifically in response to the passage of JASTA in September 2016.
- September 11, 2018: Demonstrating the staying power of the movement for greater transparency and accountability, over a dozen Vigils for Justice were held across the country. They were held both to remember events of 9/11 and the wars that were started based on the events of 9/11 as well as to educate the public about the destruction of the three skyscrapers at the World Trade Center Towers.
- September 11, 2018: 9/11 Unmasked is released by by David Ray Griffin and Elizabeth Woodworth documenting seven years work by the 9/11 Consensus Panel which includes 23 experts from fields including physics, chemistry, structural engineering, aeronautical engineering, piloting, airplane crash investigation, medicine, journalism, psychology, and religion. The panel has examined and reviewed a wide variety of evidence which brings into question the official narrative regarding 9/11 and employed a standard ‘best-evidence consensus model’ commonly used in science and medicine in which each ‘consensus point’ was only accepted after extensive and methodological deliberations.
- April 10, 2018: Lawyers' Committee for 9/11 Inquiry Petitioned the Department of Justice Demanding a 9/11 Grand Jury Investigation of World Trade Center Buildings 1, 2 and 7.
- March 26, 2018: Judge Daniels, who had previously released the Saudi's from the lawsuit brought by the 9/11 Families, denied their motion to dismiss and ruled in favor of the 9/11 families. With the legislative power provided by JASTA, the tide turned. The suit against Saudi Arabia could finally move forward into the discovery stage, which is what the Saudis sought to avoid at all costs.
- September 26, 2016: For more than fifteen years, the U.S. government has withheld much of the information disclosing the truth of 9/11. The government clung to the belief that the sophisticated attack was planned, practiced, and executed by the 19 hijackers, most of whom could not speak English, had never been in the United States, and had little education, without any external support while they were in the United States. To say that this view strains credulity is an understatement. What is the truth as to whether there was external support and if so by whom?
- September 10, 2016: In the Great Hall at Cooper Union the Justice In Focus conference convened to hear legal evidence of high crimes and misdemeanors and discuss the science contradicting the official version September 11, 2001. Two new organizations dedicated to countering the fraudulent official story were launched, the Lawyers Committee for 9/11 Inquiry and the 9/11 Truth Action Project. The conference was a breakthough on the scale of Abraham Lincoln's speech at Cooper Union 156 years prior. The country is desperate for answers right now, masses of enslaved minds are on the verge of a new kind of slave revolt. 9/11 truth has come of age. It’s our time to change history.
- July 15, 2016: The lead sponsors of the legislation to release the 28 pages of the Congressional report on the attacks of 9-11 were Representative Walter Jones and Senator Rand Paul, two Republicans, both practically unique in their unabashed opposition to our constant wars of intervention. The release of the 28 pages was a victory for Americans who yearn for peace. It came at a desperate moment in human history. It is imperative and urgent that peace activists take full advantage of the released 28 pages.
From this chronology over the last two years, it is clear that foundations have been laid and then built upon. With the financial and community support by those interested in justice for the crimes of 9/11 the progress will continue.